Monday, January 4, 2010

My Armenian Christmas vacation


This Christmas break was truly the best vacation I have had in a very long time. With so many things to do and so many family members to see my Christmas break was busy but enjoyable. My Christmas vacation contributed to my Armenian heritage in many ways, because the place I spent my whole vacation was in California. This is important mainly because the state of California has one of the worlds highest population of Armenians. I had many Armenian cultural experiences while I was there because the place I stayed was in Glendale, California. 

This is the second most populated Armenian city in the state, this is also where I stayed with my family. Every morning I would wake up to many delicious Armenian breakfast foods. We ate many breads with cheese and ground peppers in them,  and drank hot tea along with it all. These examples truly made it a wonderful experience. 

I opened my presents on Christmas Eve because that's usually when my family cooks a large feast for the whole family to come and enjoy. There were also many Armenian stores and bakeries in some areas where the whole street was just owned by Armenians.  This is my Armenian Christmas and I would love it very much if I could go back again next year. It was a great family experience and also a wonderful Armenian cultural experience.      

2 comments: