Monday, January 4, 2010

My Christmas Vacation


This Christmas vacation, I incorporated some Armenian traditions into my normal celebrations. One of the Armenian traditions that I enjoyed doing this year was preparing some of the food that we had for Christmas and New Year's Eve, such as khadaif, with my grandmother. This ties into my Armenian heritage because it is a traditional Armenian dish and helping to prepare and cook it really gave me a sense of my Armenian culture. We also gave some gifts on New Years Eve, which is an Armenian tradition. This is better because on Christmas, the holiday is much more commercialized and materialistic. It also makes more sense to give gifts on New Years because it helps you focus more on the real aspect of the holiday: your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment