Monday, January 4, 2010

My Christmas


This year during my Christmas vacation, I got to spend time with my family. This time of year is always special to my family, because Christmas day is my mom's birthday, and New Year's Eve is my birthday. Every year we are invited to my cousin's house where we all get to talk and have a good time as a family, with her husband, being a great cook, preparing most of the night's dinner including, steak cooked with wine, and rice. The gathering is always a success because we have a Santa come and the kids always get excited to get their presents. 
Then on Christmas day it was just my family and I at home, in front of the fireplace, spending quality time, and celebrating my mom's birthday. Although we don't open our presents until New Years Eve, Christmas day is a good day. Finally on New Years Eve it's been a tradition of my family that we will always spend it together, therefore my cousin, and uncle, from my dad's side are invited into our home, where my mom prepares all the food. Traditionally my mom makes, rice with mushroom, chicken, in the memory of my aunt who passed away seven  years ago. She also makes sarma (grape leaves, with rice) ghavorma (shredded  steak), pilav, and other Armenian food. 
Although the Armenian Christmas is officially on January 5th, as the guests left, it was our time to open our presents, as an Armenian tradition. This year I got a Laptop, which I had picked myself! Then my sisters surprised me with the bag I had wanted, and with the wallet, and other good presents :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment