Monday, January 4, 2010

My Christmas



My Christmas  vacation was really  wonderful. On the 25th (Christmas day) my family and I went to Rhode Island where  all my relatives had gathered in a huge one level building to celebrate Christmas. Every family had the mothers decide what they where going to bring for food and there were many choices. My mum made two kinds of cake and homemade pickles. The rest had brought many kinds of salads, cold cuts including Basturma and many other things, rice, spinach and cheese pie, dolma, and many other things. We also had Armenian music to dance to. After when we went home  we opened our gifts and  went to sleep, but on the 31st we open the gifts others give to  us.  In Armenia they don't celebrate the 25th  instead we celebrate Christmas the 31st and while we have only 1 week of school out they have 2 weeks without school.  One other difference is that in Armenia it's a tradition to go from house to house on the 31st and wish them a happy new year and sit and feast for 30th  minutes then, go to a different house. On the 31st my family gathered and we sat and ate then on the strike of 12 the champaign was opened. My Christmas and New Year was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment