Monday, October 12, 2009

Mid-term Armenian Heritage Assignment




Since I was born in Armenia and grew up there I have known my whole life about being an Armenian and about my culture and heritage. When I was young my grandparents would tell me this stories about Armenian heros and what they have done for my country and that influenced me. Thanks to my parents I have went to 6 years of Armenians school in Armenia where I enjoyed learning my language, culture, arts, food and etc. Being surrounded by family and school gave me even a greater influence on my Armenian heritage.

I have always been influenced by my parents. They have always told me and still do to never loose my pride of being Armenian , never to feel left out by other cultures to always show  something of mine. I still have most of my family live in Armenia so every phone call really just wants to take my back to Armenia. To tell the truth I miss Armenia a lot. Waking up in the morning and having all the neighbors and the kids outside playing is a huge memory of me unlike being here and not having your friends live on the same street and having the mothers go to each others houses for coffee and gossip.
A year ago before my grandfather passed away he lived with me he would always tell me stories about so many things. He used to be a book shop owner back in the day and he still has so many book in my house in Armenia that I would like to get to read not just knowing the parts of my grandfathers memories of the books, but the whole stores.
Even thought I'm not in Armenia now I still talk Armenian at home, with friends, and also eat Armenian food. I  watch Armenian TV mostly at home more than watching American shows. My sister Arpine and I always have a week thing where I teach her Armenian letters , reading and other stuff, because she only went to school for 3 years and know she doesn't remember a lot.
My heritage is very important to me and my family, and that is one thing that will always be. I am a proud Armenian.

4 comments:

  1. Never be ashamed of where you come from. I'm proud of you!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great memories and insight into your heritage, however, there were many grammar issues that severly hindered the "flow." I would suggest re-reading your submissions in the future--it will make a world of difference.
    I loved the pictures!
    Grade: B

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need information on Armenia for a school project. Does anyone know how many days to kids go to school in a year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry typo there...we need to know How many days do they go to school in a year? ...and... How many days a week do they go to school.
    Our school is studying foreign countries and have to do research and some information is hard to find. Can anyone help on where to find information on Armenian schools?

    ReplyDelete